Mission, Vision Statements
The Haven offers a unique Adirondack experience in which people of all ages can gather to enjoy the magnificence of God’s creation. Take a step back in time and delight in the simple pleasures of life with family and friends without the distractions.
So who are we? We are ordinary people trying to fulfill God’s plan for us. We are a family who saw this beautiful property on Star Lake and shared a common vision to develop it as a fun, restful camp where we can serve children, families and community. We saw an opportunity to provide a Christ-centered experience where children and families will grow, learn, have fun and collect lifelong friends and memories that will help shape their lives. It is funny how we got here. As individuals we come from diverse backgrounds with different life experiences. Yet we believe God has brought us together at this time and place to meet the needs of others.
- Thomas Buckingham- Executive and Finance Director
- Maria Buckingham- Operations Director
- Karen Kuhn-Business and Communications Director
- Warren Kuhn-Facilities Director
- Teresa von Riegen – Program Director
- William von Riegen – Director of our Outreach